After a lot of hard work, Digication is extremely excited to officially announce our brand new Blackboard Building Block for customers using Blackboard as their LMS!
The new Building Block will allow for Digication to be added to any course as a tool for use, allowing faculty to:
- Create ePortfolios
- Create ePortfolio course templates
- Create ePortfolio submission assignments (assignments will be created in both Blackboard and Digication)
- Grade support (one-way), allowing grades on Digication assignments to update the grades on Blackboard
- And view student work all from within the Blackboard course itself!
From an administrative standpoint, the building block affords all of the following:
- Single sign on capability.
- The auto-creation of new users within Digication upon accessing the Digication dashboard within a course.
- A one-way sync to import rosters automatically from blackboard to Digication periodically.
Campuses who use Blackboard and are eager to get started with our new Building Block should send their Blackboard administrators to the link below for step by step installation instructions.
Installing and Configuring the Blackboard Building Block
Once the building block is installed successfully, faculty or course administrators will also need to enable Digication for a course in Blackboard before it can be used. Please find instructions for how to do so below.
Enabling Digication for a Blackboard Course
After the tool is enabled for use within a course, the following guide will help you understand the functionalities of the tool within Blackboard.
Using Digication Within Blackboard Building Block: A Faculty Guide
It is our hope that the new Building Block provides customers using the Blackboard LMS a much more streamlined experience using Digication within their courses. The guide above will show you how easy it is for faculty to use the Digication tool within blackboard.
If you have any questions, thoughts or concerns about the Blackboard Building Block, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For info on all of the other Learning Management Systems currently supported through LTI integration, please click here
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your friends at Digication